Sponsored Links           

Cabin Crew Interview Question And Answers


Why should we employ you as cabin crew at XXX Airlines? 

Say positive things about the airline and if possible mention something you had seen in the news – for example: ‘The airline has ordered many new aircraft and is progressing well and I want to be part of that’. Or if true ‘One of my friends worked for you and recommended I apply as she thought I would fit in with the company ideals’.

Why do you want to be cabin crew? 

Here use your personal experience to sell yourself. For example: ‘I enjoy teamwork and am used to shift work. I think I would adapt well to the role’. You could show you’ve done your research and say ‘I am looking for new challenges and I know I would learn a lot as cabin crew, not just about people and places, but skills like first aid too’.

Are you applying for other airlines? 

Be honest about it, if you are... it shows that you have commitment to finding a job as cabin crew but also try and turn it into a pro-active statement towards the airline, saying something like ‘Although I have applied for other airlines – this is the airline I want to work for most as it has a professional image and I always hear positive comments about the airline, so that would be a great place for me to start as cabin crew’.

Can you give us an example of when you have provided excellent customer service?

Give an example of ‘going the extra mile’, when have you exceeded someone’s expectations. E.g. ‘In the café, the lady didn’t know what to eat for dessert, so I described each dish to her and she was trying to decide between two so I asked the chef if it was ok for her to have a small piece of each – she was very happy with that!’

How would you deal with being away from your friends and family for long periods of time when working as cabin crew? 

Be honest and say that you know it is not easy, but you understand that it is necessary for the job. Also let them know you can cope with being away from home, saying it is a good excuse to have some time away and learn new things, for example.

When answering these questions, make them your own, stay true to yourself and sell yourself to the airline at the same time. The recruiters want to see how you communicate, so remember to maintain eye contact and keep good posture too – the more you prepare the better you will be!

I hope these few examples of interview questions will help you prepare for your next assessment day and good luck!